Saturday 26 May 2012

I've painted them, so I'm using them!
An overcrowded Black Powder tabletop

As I've recently painted up both a small Russian and a small Austrian force for the Seven Years War and as I was hosting my first game for some time, I indulged a childish impetus to use them in the game and, of course, as the Russians and Austrian were allies it was an opportunity to ensure virtually all my Prussians came into the game.

This meant 60 infantry unis of 12 figures, 24 cavalry units of  9 figures and 24 artillery unts made my 6' x 4' table top a little bit crowded.

The game went well though although I committed my usual mistake of letting my some divisions race ahead while others were paralysed by poor dice throws which left me dangerously exposed to enfilading fire.


An Austrian division of Hungarian Regiments on the right flank


The Prussian Line
(rear facing guns indicating limbered status)


Prussian columns in the centre


Russians on the Allied left


Russian Dragoons in support


The Russian Line advancing in echelon behind the Austrian Grenadiers


Over eager Austrians about to be crumbled by einfilading fire

No comments:

Post a Comment