Friday 6 September 2013

Ronin Project 5

Ronin Project 5: The Samurai

The samurai are much more challenging to construct



Five figures again. The leg pairings are easy enough to work out and as with the ashigaru I began by matching pairs and fastening them to the base before I reasised that there was a lug on the bottom of the torso parts to fit within the legs. On the first five I had to saw it off as the lergs and base had set.

The main problems are the arms. It isn't easy working out which ones pair to make a reasonable pose. I also discovered when doing the first five that it is better to fasten the sword and scabbard to the torso lugs before fixing the arms as it is difficult to fit them under the arm once set.

However the arms have lugs that fit into the shoulders so tat i is fairly straight forward to hold a pair in place and work out how they might hold a weapon.  It is imporat though that the alignment of the hands set true to allow a weapon to be inserted after painting.  I found having the figure "grasp" a wire spear while the arms were setting useful


Here are the first five I completed










No comments:

Post a Comment